Saturday 23 November 2013

Critically Reflective Teacher

Critically Reflective Teacher:


The learning that has taken place for me over the past 2 years. 

One of the big capacities that I have worked on a grown is supervising and managing people.  I had to learn how to timetable, schedule, monitor, train, encourage and develop reports dealing with personnel.  In addition, I directed several professional learning communities and several training sessions. The big part of the learning was more efficient ways of allocating jobs that utilized each individual's strengths and skills.  Another aspect of my learning was is how to manage conflict resolution within the library technicians.

Using Inquiry Based Learning, I have research and made improvements within my own teaching and library & information skills.  Part of my personal development is my continued reading of professional articles dealing with ways to meet the needs of 21st century learning within the library. 

What do I know now that I didn't know before?  

My learning curve for new technology and integration of library within digital learning was very steep.  Used a secondary school as a pilot school for the new library software system through a joined venture with the Fraser Valley Library. For example, I did a detailed study what was happening with the pilot program where it  was successful in some ways and not in others. Successes included the ability to manage both school library and the regional library.  Important failure was the school district's inability to maintain and afford the sustained technology demands required to manage the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment